April 8, 2010

Dress Up Cloths

I was looking through my patterns and came across some kid costumes.  I have wanted to make some dress up cloths for a while now.  I looked through my stash of fabric and found a brand new white twin flat sheet that I had used for a skit once.  PERFECT!  
First off I made a doctors coat.  I adjusted the pattern Simplicity 3650.  The original pattern is for making scrubs.  I adjusted it by putting the back on the fold instead of the front piece.  I also adjusted the collar the same way.  I then just did a narrow hem on the openings in the front.  It was an easy pattern to follow (which I have issues with usually) except for the sleeves.  I pretty much bagged their way and made it work my own way.  

I also made a chef outfit for the play kitchen I have.  I used the same pattern (Simplicity 3650) for the hat and I got the toddler sized chef's apron from Supafine's tutorial.  Both were extremely easy to make and look adorable on the kids.    
(my models consist of my unwilling to model son and two girls I watch during the week)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The second picture is Alex coming to tell his patient bad news.