Since my husband would just give his mom a phone call and call it good for Mother's Day it was my job to come up with something to make for her. This is what I came up with this year...
I used the website, Wordle to make the word collage in the middle. I just added a touch of ribbon to bring some of the color out. So simple and perfect.
Some tricks to using Wordle if you haven't used it already:
- Type your words in a Word document first and then copy and paste into Wordle. (It doesn't save your list.)
- The more times a word is in the list the larger it will be. So I wanted the words, "We Love You" to stand out more so I had those multiple times on my list.
- If you want a phrase like, "We Love You" you need to put curvy dashes in between. (I don't know what they're called. Ex. we~love~you.
- It prints out very large so on your printer settings you can change the size. Instead of it set on the default of 8.5 x11 I moved it to 5x7 and set the paper to face profile. It then fit my 5x7 frame perfectly.
- For me it printed darker then it showed on the computer screen so make your color choices a little lighter to get the perfect colors.
- Finally, prepare to spend a lot of time with it because it took me FOREVER to decide on the perfect font, colors, and layout. At least it took ME forever maybe you will be better at making decisions!