May 3, 2010

Simple Tutu

I wanted to learn how to make tutus and since I've been hanging out with my niece this last week, I finally had a great excuse to do it. I started off with tulle from JoAnns...and the only colors they had were light pink and light blue. It came out like this...

Cute, but not as cute as I thought it should be....

So, I went to Roberts and perused the wedding isle to find bright pink and purple tulle and matching ribbon and flowers. Much brighter and much more fun, right? It came out like this...



The second time around, I snipped the ends in a `v` or `w` shape to make it look more pixie-ish, added ribbon (between every 2 knots), and sewed some flowers on by hand. This is typically a "no-sew" project, but you can sew on extra frilly stuff if you want to!

Found this great tutorial on how to make a cute tutu here. ITS VERY SIMPLE and once you figure out how it works, I would encourage you to break the mold, experiment, do something different and new, and have fun with it!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Came across your blog from New Friend Friday. My daughter is in love with all her tu-tus!

Tessa said...

I am going to try this!