May 29, 2009

Ahhh Joann's Sales...Sigh.....

For Memorial Day, Joann had an amazing sale especially on their Simplicity Patterns.  It was buy 5 for $5.  These patterns sell normally for $10-$15 a piece.  So I stocked up!  I ended up getting 15!!!  Now if I could only figure out how to read them!!!!
I've always had this dream to make my own curtains.  I have enough different styles here I could make curtains for every window.  We will see if these are actually sewing patterns for dummies.  From my experience it is sometimes easier to just look at the picture and figure it out.  At least that has been the case on the Table Top patterns on the project I'm making right now. 
As long as I'm having kids or go to a million baby showers, these will come in handy!
I figure I'm going to be having kids for a while so I might as well get some cute costume patterns for the next several Halloweens.  Plus, I'm too much of cheap wad to spend money on a costume at the store.  Those things are expensive!  

I thought these were so cool looking.  The book has different textures to it.  You can zip it, tie it, make the dog walk, play peek-a-boo, and much more.  I am also in love the with stuffed letters.  Wouldn't that make great baby gifts?  

1 comment:

Lyd Stew said...

Cute patterns! I'm so excited you started this blog! I've just been waiting- you are so talented!