August 30, 2010

College Name Board

This is another one of those projects that I've had 95% done for a few years and I finally put the finishing touches on it!  I found these letters at Michael but it wasn't until after I bought them that I realized they would be hard to cover because the edges are rounded.  After getting some advice from friends, I settled on doing a college on each letter.  
I first painted each letter and than I glued each little paper on with mod podge.  I finished up by putting several coats mod podge on top.  Very simple!  I did the airplane and car the same way except it was a little harder to paint before putting the paper on top.  They were already painted a really ugly blue and red so I spent the effort to repaint them before covering them.  


The unfortunately thing about his project is that I'm going away from these colors in my son's room now that he isn't a baby anymore.  Oh well!  I guess it will teach me to not procrastinate finishing projects!  

I think that the letters were each $1 and the airplane and car were on clearance at Michaels for .25 cents each. I'm not sure how much the board was but you can find things like that at thrift stores that either need to be repainted or sanded and stained again.  

No comments: